Monday, July 1, 2013

Ditch the Box - Brownie Mix

Another installment in the "Ditch the Box" series...This allows you to know EXACTLY what your family is eating and they are so much healthier & tastier than the store bought mixes. 

Mix ingredients in a bowl using a whisk and then pour into a mason jar using a funnel. I used an Avery label and printed up the directions on my computer and put it on the smooth side of the jar (the below is a new larger jar that needs a new label, I made a triple batch this time to keep on hand), you can play with fun fonts and colors if you want to give it as a gift.  

Brownies:
1 3/4 c. sugar
1 c. all-purpose flower
1/2 tsp Sea Salt (you can use regular, but I prefer Sea Salt)
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 c. Ghirardelli Unsweetened Cocoa Powder (or whatever your favourite is)


Mix in a bowl with a whisk, then store in a mason jar until you're ready to use. 

Once ready add in:


3 3/4 c. brownie mix (or one jar if you only made the above without doubling or tripling) 3 large eggs
1 cup melted butter (you can use oil but the flavor isn't as rich)
1.5 TBL vanilla 

Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes. I've also made these in a mini muffin pan to be able to have brownie bites, but I don't know the time on them as I just watched them closely.  

Once they're cooled you can top with icing if you'd like, I have a super yummy recipe for fudge icing, but we'll save that for another post. ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment