Monday, July 22, 2013

Never Fail Meatballs

I love all the ways you can serve meatballs, teriyaki, marinara, sweet & sour, spaghetti & meatballs, meatball subs, BBQ meatballs, but it's hard to get a good tasting meatball at home, at least it was for me until I found my moms meatball recipe tucked in the wrong pocket of my recipe box.  I made a batch of these and they were delish. The recipe below makes about 32 small meatballs.

Ingredients:
2 pounds ground beef
2 eggs
2/3 cup bread crumbs
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
3 tablespoons milk

Mix all ingredients except ground beef in a large bowl. Add in ground beef and mix together, I use my hands to ensure it's very well mixed.

Using a cookie scoop I made my meatballs, these are about 2 inches in diameter. Once all meatballs are prepped warm about 2 TBL olive oil in a pan and brown on all sides. They do not have to be 100% cooked through unless you're serving them immediately. I made a triple batch and put about 15-20 in each baggie and then froze so I could have them on hand for many recipes to come.


Teriyaki Meatballs

Teriyaki Sauce:
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 1/2 cups water
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons honey
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 cup cold water

For the sauce, in a medium bowl mix the soy sauce, 1 3/4 cups water, ginger, garlic powder, brown sugar, and honey together. In a separate small bowl, dissolve the cornstarch into the 1/2 cup cold water. Set both bowls aside. Warm sauce in a pan or crock pot, once it begins to bubble add meatballs, allow to simmer for 5-10 minutes or until meatballs are heated through (and fully cooked). Serve over couscous or rice.









No comments:

Post a Comment