Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Taco Pasta Recipe

I let Gwen have input on dinner most nights and she wanted tacos last night, while this worked for her and my husband I wanted something a little different so I decided to try and make a taco pasta. It came out delish so I decided to share my recipe with all of you. This is a very loose recipe, adjust as you see fit and to your families tastes.

Ingredients

1/2 lb shell pasta
1/4 lb 93% ground beef
1/2 c chunky salsa
1c shredded Mexican cheese
1/2 c taco seasoning
1/4 c water

Cooking Directions

1. Cook pasta according to package directions (or however you normally cook pasta) until just barely done, drain and set aside.

2. In the same pot brown ground beef and then add taco seasoning and water and simmer until nearly all water has evaporated.

3. Add the pasta back to the pot and stir in salsa and cheese. If the heat from the meat and pasta doesn't melt the cheese completely you can turn the heat back on for a few moments but not too long so that you don't overcook the pasta.


This was a great dish and even reheated well the next day, which is saying something since in my family we never eat leftovers since I'm not a fan of how things taste reheated. 

If you give it a try leave a comment below and let me know how you liked it. 



Just remember, with planning and organization, you CAN do it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment