Saturday, February 23, 2019

Time to plan for… Dr. Seuss’ Birthday



Dr. Seuss' Birthday is March 2nd, but we did our projects a week early for two reasons, one so I could share with you all, and 2 because we have soccer open house next weekend and weren't sure if we'd have enough time. 

We love Dr. Seuss in our house, so much so we read probably 2-3 books a week. This year Gwen chose 3 books for our Dr Seuss celebration, Cat in the Hat, The Lorax & Fox in Sox. So, we are doing some fun Thing 1 & Thing 2 hand-prints, making Truffula Tree cupcakes and a Popsicle stick fox.

I also started making some treats I was going to send to school with Gwen to her class before I realized that March 2nd was a Saturday. In my prep for this year I had all the items cut and ready to go, I just needed to buy the packages of goldfish crackers. So in anticipation, I will share that here, for your preparation for next year.

Classroom present

For this you can use either small bags of Goldfish or small bags of Swedish fish depending on if you want to go sweet or savory. I printed 27 of these (in 3.5x5" and cut them out to staple to the bag of treats)




Fox in Sox Fox

3 popsicle sticks, orange marker, orange paper, googly eyes and a black puff ball. 

We used hot glue to glue everything together so that we could quickly play with them. 



*I had to print out a copy of the book title for the picture because she ran off to read the book (it's one of her favorites)

Thing 1 & Thing 2 paint handprints

This one is super easy, all you need is red, white and blue acrylic paint (or finger paint) a piece of paper and a black marker.



Voila! Gwen drew on my face and I drew on hers so that we were both helping each other out. She really enjoyed getting to paint my hands so I could do hand-prints too. 

Lorax Cupcakes

While we made our batter & icing from scratch, you can make this much easier by just grabbing a box mix and container of frosting.



Gwen added a couple little teddy grahams to hers because she said they looked like little Lorax men.



For the truffula trees there are 2 options, tulle & a straw or cotton candy & cookies, we went with cotton candy & Pirouinne cookies because it’s just too yummy.

Hope you enjoyed these super easy ideas and can incorporate some of them into your plans for next weekend. 

Just remember, with planning and organization, you CAN do it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment