Thursday, December 1, 2011

Drawer Organization

I hate a messy drawer and to demonstrate how I organize my drawers cheaply and effectively I had to mess them up, lol. You can get a 3-pack of these baskets at Walmart for about $1 and they come in 3 different sizes which makes for great custom drawer organizers. Here is the stack that came out of 2 of the drawers that I will show you. I reorganized as I went so actually didn't need them all anymore so I was able to organize a 3rd drawer without buying anything. The steps are simple:

1. Locate the drawer you want to organize.
2. Empty it out of EVERYTHING
3. Go through and put things where they belong (if needed)
4. Separate the items into 'like' items
5. Fill baskets and then fit into the drawer
6. If you're worried about the moving you can use small wire ties to hook them together.









Here is Gwen's top drawer with socks, tights, hats, bibs, etc BEFORE.



AFTER $2.00

Here is the top drawer in my bathroom where we keep the medicines, first aid items, etc BEFORE



AFTER $2.00




Here is my end table drawer (this one was not organized before I began), most of the items belonged in the bathroom so this one was really easy.



AFTER $0.66



So for less than $5.00 (a previous investment on my part) I was able to organize 3 of my biggest problem drawers in the house.

Hope this helps. If you have a drawer that you would like to share please feel free to link a picture in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment