Saturday, December 3, 2011

Organizing the Fridge Front




This is what my fridge front looked like as of 8 PM this evening. My lovely grocery list was just cut up white paper stuck in a magnet along with the recipes I'm making for the week. I had to write out a new chore list weekly (the one with hooks fell apart as it was too heavy for the magnet I had it on). There was random magnets all over, artwork, Dr reminder cards, recipes, and much more. It was all just a mottled eye sore.









And then, tada! Now it's all color-coordinated. And organized.

So I made this recipe pocket to hold the recipes I want to make. The big pocket is big enough to hold full size printed or magazine pages. And the smaller pocket holds my standard 4x6 cards. All it is, is a 12x12 sheet of paper folded in half and then the last 3” cut off to create the front pocket. I decorated it a little with some ribbon and a stamp that I had lying around, it’s something anyone could do.I made a matching cup holder out of another sheet of the same paper and a box from those single serve water flavorings. Both are held to the fridge by little round adhesive magnets that you can get at Walmart for about $0.97.

I printed a free calendar off the internet and put all of the important events on there using a different pen for each person in the house (and stored them in my new pen holder). I also put a pencil in there for my new to-do/to-buy list that I got at Walmart for $4.00.

Zoe's new chore list is something I threw together in excel and then laminated with self sealing laminating sheets that I had left over from some previous projects. It is also held to the fridge by the adhesive magnets. Since its laminated I saved one of the magnetic dry erase markers that I had on the fridge and she can reuse that every week, just wipe and go.

The only magnet I left on my fridge is my flylady magnet to remind myself to begin each day FLYing... (if you want to know what that means check out www.flylady.net, she will forever change your life as she has mine).

Hope this helps and I would love to see the transformations of your fridge front. Feel free to share here or on my facebook page.

Side note: My fridge may have looked clean, and I would wipe it down weekly with a Clorox wipe, but I discovered just how dirty it was when I switched to a Mr Clean Magic Eraser today. I'm a little embarrassed to show this, but just had to share as it amazed me. The first is a new one, the 2nd was new before I cleaned my fridge front & sides.




No comments:

Post a Comment