Saturday, December 10, 2011

Organizing Your DVDs


If you're like most people you have more DVDs than you know what to do with and no matter what storage you buy it never appears organized so I decided to have my movies organized and out of the way and even have a way to see quickly what I have.

I keep my DVDs in a CD case. This one holds 200 I believe. We have so many movies we have 2 of these almost full. That is almost 400 DVDs in less space than our Direct TV receiver.

Then in the front of each I keep 2 list of all the movies each organized a different way, one alphabetically by name and the other by category, but both have both listed so if I find a movie on the alphabetical list I can look in the next column to see what category it's in, on the category list the movies are alphabetical under each category title. Then in the CD case I have the movies organized by category (with 4 empty slots as I get new movies) and use self adhesive tabs (Walmart $0.89/20) to label the category.



Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment