Friday, September 13, 2013

Mini-Pizzas

My husband introduced me to what he called "Poor Man's Pizza" which was sauce and toppings on a hamburger bun baked. Well he & my daughter love them so much I wondered how I could do it on a mass scale for cheap, because every penny matters right? 

Ingredients:
Rolls
Pizza Sauce
Cheese
Toppings


Take all your rolls, (I bought a HUGE bag of 48 rolls from Costco, baked fresh for only $4, this means 96 pizzas) and cut them in half length wise, then toast them, I like to use my electric griddle. Toasting stops the sauce from soaking into the bread creating a ball of mush.


Once you have them all toasted, add the sauce cheese and toppings.


Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and place as many as you can on a cookie sheet. Bake for 3-4 minutes, you want the cheese to BARELY melt, this keeps everything on the bread for storage.


Once they're parbaked, allow to fully cool and then place on a tray/plate with saran wrap in between layers to freeze.


Once they're completely frozen you can transfer them to large ziploc bags and store in the freezer. 




To reheat, we use our NuWave oven and cook at 400 degrees for 4 minutes. Or you can cook them in the oven for 8-10 minutes until the cheese/edges turn golden brown.


 Just remember, with planning and organization, you CAN do it all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment