Friday, September 20, 2013

Toddler Learning Activity: Simple Sorting Activity (Busy Bag)

With how much my daughter loved her Animal Matching worksheet I wanted to make her something that would take her longer to complete. She also LOVES Umizoomi so I used a picture of each of the characters from a Google search to make some cards and sorting boxes Since the images are copyright protected I am not sharing the sheets I used, but if you pick your favorite pictures (from Google, clipart, or ever family pictures) and just Right Click-- Print -- then choose "Contact Sheet (35)" they come out the perfect size for both a fine motor activity and a sorting one. The sorting box was SUPER simple to make, I used 3 jewelry boxes I had lying around, stapled them together and glued a copy of each picture into the bottom. Then I put all the other cards into the baggie. She prefers to dump them out and sort, but it takes her about 20 minutes to get them all done.

Just remember, with planning and organization, you CAN do it all.




No comments:

Post a Comment